Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Historic USGS Quadrangle Maps - State of Hawaiʻi


Old USGS Quadrangle Maps for the State of Hawaiʻi have been uploaded to my LinkedIn Account.

Respective maps are in folders for each island.  Most of the maps are "old" - typically, 1910 to 1930; however, some islands only have more recent maps.

Here's a breakdown:

  • Niʻihau - 1989
  • Kauaʻi - 1910
  • Oʻahu - (two sets) late-1920s and mid-1930s
  • Molokaʻi - 1922
  • Maui - 1924
  • Lānaʻi - 1991-1992
  • Kahoʻolawe - 1991
  • Hawaiʻi Island - 1911-1930
You may review and download these maps by going to:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/peter-t-young/25/868/649

(You may have to join LinkedIn (it's free) in order to view and download the folders and files.)

The bottom of my Profile (you need to view Full Profile) has a heading "Peter T Young's Files"; scroll through the list of folders and files.

One of the files in the folder is an Index Map (a map showing the island and noting the respective quadrangle map names - like the image here.)

You can zoom in to get pretty good detail in each of the maps.  (Most of the small dots indicate where homes are located.)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Peter, I'm a 50-year resident of Kailua and have been enjoying reading many of your blog posts. Very interesting stuff--thanks for ULing them! ;)

    I'm quite interested in the old USGS maps you mention. I joined 'LinkedIn' just to DL them, but I went to your profile as you mention here and I can't find "Peter T Young's Files" anywhere on the page. Perhaps they removed that feature since you made the post? Or maybe its in a new place?

    If you see this comment and could reply and steer me towards those files, I would greatly appreciate it! Mahalo & aloha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The maps were dropped from their storage. Is there a particular one you are interested in? (My e-mail: PeterYoung@Hookuleana.com) Peter.

    ReplyDelete