Andover Theological Seminary
At the beginning of the 19th, the people of New England were taking a new interest in religion. Andover Theological Seminary was built on the campus of Phillips Academy in Andover (founded during the American Revolution in 1778 by Samuel Phillips, Jr (the oldest incorporated boarding school in the US.)
Two notable graduates were part of the Pioneer Company of missionaries to Hawaiʻi, Hiram Bingham and Asa Thurston. In 1908, the Seminary moved to Cambridge; in 1931 it shared a campus with Newton Theological Institution in Newton, Massachusetts. In 1965, the two schools officially merged, becoming Andover Newton Theological School.