North Pacific Missionary Institute
On October 1, 1872, the Hawaiian Evangelical Association Theological School opened its doors for men interested in a life of Christian ministry. In 1877, Rev. Charles McEwen Hyde reorganized the school as the North Pacific Missionary Institute; Hyde served as Principal until 1883.
In 1890, a new building was built to accommodate the seminary's students. Later John Leadingham became the Principal. The Hawaiian Board later redirected its efforts into the consolidation of Kawaiahaʻo Seminary, Mills Institute and the Japanese Boarding School into the Mid-Pacific Institute.